It is so important to find ways to add variety into our meals! While animal proteins can provide great nutrients that our body’s need it is also important to make sure we don’t overdo our animal protein consumption. So whether you are a carnivore at heart or follow a vegan eating lifestyle, incorporating plant based protein into your eating is a great option! Our Zesty Tofu Scramble recipe is a great, tasty way to do this for breakfast or even as a breakfast for dinner option!
Ingredients: (approximately 8 servings)
- Two packages of House Foods Organic Grilled Tofu (firmness level 6)
- 3 bell peppers (can use half of each and use the rest for another recipe or use all within your recipe)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup organic/fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Siracha- to taste
- Garlic- 2 TBS
- Pepper-1 TBS
- Red Pepper Flakes- 1 TSP
- Olive oil- 1 TBS
- Cut Tofu into small squares (See image for guidance on size)
- Chop bell peppers- cut first into medium strips then cut strips into approximately 3 pieces each.
- Coat medium sized pan with olive oil to prevent sticking and heat pan to medium heat
- Place tofu, bell peppers, spinach, lemon juice, spices, and siracha (to taste) into pan and mix together so ingredients are well blended within the pan.
- Continue mixing every couple minutes and allow to cook until vegetables soften and coloring of tofu changes from siracha/lemon juice.
- Remove from stove and allow the scramble to cool slightly.
- Serve and enjoy!
*note, leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator and eaten over the course of the week
You can eat this dish by itself, in a tortilla, or with a rice cake with almond butter as a side (pictured) just to give you a few ideas! I would love to hear what you think of this recipe and how you incorporate it into your meal!!!
Please feel free to message me or comment with any questions or your experiences!
I hope you enjoy this #tastytuesday #plantbased Zesty Tofu Scramble Recipe!
If you are looking for extra help with your nutrition and health and health goals and need help making a healthy lifestyle as easy and enjoyable as possible, CONTACT US today and SCHEDULE your first appointment toward taking control of your health!
Subscribe to our blog today at https://denversdancingdietitian.com/blog/ for more health and nutrition tips, great recipes, and more!
Additionally, check out http://faddietsecrets.com and register for your free guide to reveal the secrets of fad diets and why they may not be working for you.
-Ricci-Lee Hotz, MS, RDN
Denver’s Dancing Dietitian
A Taste of Health, LLC
“Improving Quality of life one bite at a time”