The recipe we have this week is full of color and we like to call it our rainbow lemon chicken. This recipe is a tasty, fairly easy to make protein and veggie portion of a meal that can be served over a grain of your choice (pasta, rice, quinoa, etc) and you can even throw it over some spinach or mixed greens if you want to throw in some extra veggie!
3 bell peppers (variety of colors)
1 can artichoke heart
1.5 (ish) lbs. Packet of boneless skinless chicken thighs (can replace this with chicken breast for a leaner meat option)
Red pepper chili flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400degrees
2. Wash and cut bell peppers into strips
3. Cut lemon into even slices
4. Open can of artichoke hearts in water and drain
5. Lightly Coat bottom of Corningware dish with olive oil to prevent sticking.
6. Place chicken evenly spread out throughout dish to ensure even cooking
7. Use all listed seasoning to lightly coat the visible side of the chicken.
8. Add artichoke hearts and bell pepper strips into dish spread out throughout the chicken dish.
9. Add at least one lemon slice on top of each piece of chicken
10. Add additional seasoning (the same from before) over the vegetables.
11. Place in the oven to bake for approximately 1 hour.
12. After an hour check that the chicken is cooked all the way through (no pink inside)
13. When serving squeeze the cooked lemon slices over the chicken and veggies for added flavor!
This dish is a great dish to add a fresh twist filled with all of those delicious veggies to a many times boring baked chicken. (Note chicken can be replaced with a faux-chicken for you #vegans and#vegetarians out there although cooking time may need to be adjusted).
Wishing you a week of Health and wellness!!