Quinoa and Roasted Red Chili Pepper cooking demo and Healthy, Tasty balanced food power presentation seminar! Check out what you missed!
Here’s the recipe as well!:
Here’s the recipe.
3 red bell peppers
3 poblano chiles
As needed: olive oil
2 large zucchini, medium dice
2 white onions medium dice
4 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika
Chipotle powder to taste
½ C uncooked quinoa
½ tsp salt
2 15 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2 C low sodium vegetable juice
2 lb chicken thighs, broiled and on the side
1) Preheat broiler and cut bell pepper and chiles in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membrane
2) Place halves, skin side up on a pan and flatten by hand. Broil 10 minutes. Place in a bowl covered with foil and let stand 10 minutes, then peel and coarsely chop
3) Cook the chicken thighs under the broiler until internal temperature reaches 160F, then set aside
4) Heat large pot over medium-high heat, add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add zucchini, onion and garlic, saute 4 minutes.
5) Stir in chipotle powder, cumin and paprika and saute for 30 seconds.
6) Add roasted peppers and remaining ingredients below the garlic cloves through the veggie juice
7) Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
(recipe brought to you by Chef Curry:Chef Curry’s Cuisines )
Chef Matt Cury and Ricci-Lee Hotz, MS, RDN brough you a combined cooking demo and nutrition education presentation to provide you with the full package of- “Quinoa Roasted Red Pepper Chili- The Power of a Tasty Well Balanced Meal.” We demonstrated how to prepare this tasty meal and discuss the health benefits of this recipe, other Mediteranean style dishes, and of consuming well balanced meals on a daily basis! We would love for you to check out what you missed of this tasty and education power demo!
To Check out the video of the full live presentation click the following link (goes to the video on my facebook page) page: Quinoa and Roasted Red Pepper Chili Cooking Demo and the Power of Healthy Tasty Eating!
All the best,
Ricci-Lee Hotz ; Denver’s Dancing Dietitian
A Taste of Health, LLC
#registereddietitian #registereddietitiannutritionist #cookingdemo#tastyandhealthy #quinoa #vegan option #glutenfree #dairyfree #health#nutrition #denver #littleton #colorado #lakewood #fitfood #foodie #fitgirl#fitlife #mindfulness #qualityoflife #chili #recipes #foodporn #yummy#mindbodysoul #fallfoods